R-U-In? : Doing What You Like, With People Whom You Like
- Nilanjan Banerjee(IBMIndia Research Laboratory)
- Dipanjan Chakraborty(IBM India Research Laboratory)
- Koustuv Dasgupta(IBM India Research Laboratory)
- Sumit Mittal(IBM India Research Laboratory)
- Seema Nagar(IBM India Research Laboratory)
This paper presents R-U-In? - a social networking application that leverages Web 2.0 and IMS-based Converged Networks technologies to create a rich next-generation service. R-U-In? allows a user to search (in real-time) and solicit participation of like-minded partners for an activity of mutual interest (e.g. a rock concert, a soccer game, or a movie). It is an example of a situational mashup application that exploits content and capabilities of a Telecom operator, blended with Web 2.0 technologies, to provide an enhanced, value-added service experience.
Inquiries can be sent to: